By registering with GT AMSA and paying your national and local dues, we will register you for national membership also.
For further information contact our VP of Membership.
Dues are as follows:
- If you are NOT yet a national AMSA member: $75 national dues (one time fee) + $15 local dues = $90
- Second Year in AMSA = $10 local dues
- Third Year in AMSA = $5 local dues
- Fourth or Fifth Year in AMSA = FREE!
We realize that $90 for freshmen is a big upfront cost but remember that after this year, you will only have to pay $15 for the remainder of your time at Georgia Tech. For upperclassmen, your national membership benefits are valid for 5 years; an important benefit of membership after you graduate will be the option of student health insurance from United Healthcare. Unfortunately, the $75 national dues are not optional and we have no way of altering that amount. Please read below National and Local benefits to see exactly what that money goes towards. As you can see, your AMSA dues pay for themselves when you consider the discount off of your test prep alone!
What are the benefits of membership?
AMSA, American Medical Student Association, is the largest pre-health organization on the Georgia Tech campus. We provide opportunities for students who are interested in a future involving various types of health care ranging from surgery to pediatrics to dentistry. AMSA offers a variety of great programs, including mentoring with upperclassmen, volunteer opportunities around Atlanta, job shadowing, and medical mission trips abroad. In addition, we hold an annual pre-health conference in the spring featuring medical schools and admissions representatives from around the country. AMSA is a great way to meet other pre-health students and to become more prepared for a future in health care!
- You can only put “AMSA” on your medical school application if you are a NATIONAL member.
- $200 Stackable Discount Off a Kaplan MCAT Prep Course (combined with their current promotion, one could save up to $400!)
- 5% Off Discount and Free Shipping from the AMSA/Barnes&Noble.com Bookstore
- Student Health Insurance from United Healthcare
- Up to 8% off Auto Insurance from Geico
- Up to 70% off Contact Lenses from VisionDirect.com
- 15% Off and More from Choice Hotels (includes over 6,000 locations at hotels such as Comfort Inn, Quality Inn, Clarion, etc.)
- Up to 20% Discount and Free Day Rental from National and Alamo Car Rental
- FREE 5 Year Subscription to New Physician Magazine
- Opportunities to attend National and Regional Medical Conferences and discounted registration fees
- Access to AMSA-Sponsored Internships around the nation (included are the Education & Advocacy Internship and Health Justice Internship)
Information about the above benefits and more can be found here:
- $200 Stackable Discount Off Atlanta-area Princeton Review MCAT Prep Course
- Opportunity to win a Scholarship from GT AMSA (awarded to those most involved in AMSA)
- Food and drinks at all meetings, as well as our two formal banquets held each year
- One-on-one contact with Professional and Graduate School Admissions Directors and Current Students (it is never too early to get your name out there!)
- Discount on Registration Fee for Annual Pre-Health Conference in the Spring
- Trips to volunteering organizations around Atlanta including MedShare, Trinity Soup Kitchen, and others
- Chances to perform job shadowing in clinical settings (extremely important for applications!)
- Opportunity to participate in International and Local Mission Trips
- Ability to join our Mentorship Program that connects underclassman with upperclassman to provide access to the invaluable knowledge of upperclassman
- Access to our ever-growing network of Pre-Health Students here at Georgia Tech!